…or maybe I should rename this my ‘most visited websites according to my Safari browser’ as the following sites are my current favourite ones to
procrastinate with research of late. I know I’ve done little round-ups before, but this is the crème de la crème featuring the best online beauty watering holes from the retail, editorial and blogging worlds. Grab a cuppa, get back under the covers and prepare to scroll…
1. Cult Beauty. It’s the new-in page that you want to be on top of. Lex – the lady behind C.B – is a bonafide beauty junkie and has made it her personal mission to source the best cosmetics from all over the world for us to consume. They’re some real gems to be found here.
2. Refinery 29 Beauty. The place for cute, quirky and easy to consume features. I actually find their how-to slideshows to be quite helpful – especially the hair ones – and it’s a good resource to feel out what’s new on the other side of the Atlantic.
3. The Formula Blog. A peek into the lives of some seriously chic people delivered in the slickest way possible. An extremely polished site which also delivers the odd product review which is surefire way for it to end up on my shopping list.
4. SO many Beauty Blogs. And here are 10 of my favourites. It’s been a while since I put this list together but they’re still my faves and ones that I trawl through my Bloglovin’ feed to read each morning.
5. Selfridges. Again, it’s the new-in section that you want to keep an eye on. Not only do Selfridges do a lot of exclusives with the big boys and hold a fair few Selfridges-only available brands, it’s a good way of keeping up to date with what’s fresh as they’re usually the ones to get it first.
6. Into the Gloss. I LOVE THIS SITE. Do I even need to say anything else? Read it, love it, comb through the archives.
7. Skin Deep Cosmetics Database. With the vast amount of products that I own, test or are on my shopping list it’s near enough impossible for me to keep on top of the ingredients list for it all, but for the formula conscious out there this is a good place to start with a tonne of in-depth analysis on thousands of products.
8. XOVain. If I had a penny for every time I exerted a proper belly laugh while reading articles on this seriously packed site, then I would most definitely own that bottle of Tom Ford Neroli Portofino that I’ve always wanted. Beauty musings as written by your über cool mate.
9. Temptalia. If it’s new and it’s worth noting then chances are that there’s already everything you need to know about it here. Reviews, dupes, longevity testing, formula breakdowns and swatches galore. I often ponder quite how Christine fits it all in.
10. Vivianna Does Makeup. I jest, I jest…