My love of streamlining goes into overdrive when it comes to packing. It’s almost a little game I play with myself to see just how little I can pack into my beauty bag whilst still feeling like a functioning human being while I’m away – I know, boy do I know how to have fun. Well for this weekend’s trip, a jaunt up to Birmingham to visit the Boyfriend’s family, I think I’ve really nailed it with just ten products. TEN *pats self on back*. And two nights in I feel normal, haven’t forgotten anything major and have yet to scare away any young children; I actually think I might have cracked it. So here’s one to bookmark for your next weekend away where you need to pack light – whether it be for space-saving reasons or just good clean fun…
1. A Multi-Tasking Oil like MV Organic’s Pure Jojoba. Eye makeup remover, overnight treatment, all-rounder dry spot carer, in one handy little (most importantly) spill-free bottle.
2. An Eye Cream like Clinique’s Superdefence SPF 20 Eye Cream. Not everyone agrees, but I like to give my eyes a bit of tender loving care whether I’m home or away – plus this one comes armed with SPF 20, schwing.
3. An AM/PM Moisturiser like Georgia Louise’s Day & Night Brightening Cream. Finding a moisturiser that’s rich enough for evenings (if you’re not feeling an oil), but light enough for a base layer during the day is a toughie, but this one is just right.
4. A Hair Do-It-All like Oribe Dry Texturising Spray. A mattifier, holder, volumiser and all-round hair sexifier in one packable spritzer. I never travel without this. And let’s just not talk about how gawd damn pricey it is, alright?
5. A Perfume like Stella McCartney’s Stella Rollerball. A perfume in rollerball, ’90′s-like format is just genius when it comes to travel – hard to come by, but still genius. Scribe onto pressure points, lob in your bag and go.
6. A SPF-Laden Light Coverage Base like Origin’s Vitazing SPF 15. Now this one is negotiable depending on what your weekend plans entail, but for a laid-back, night-out-free two day trip you can’t go wrong with this.
7. A Cover All Concealer like NARS’ Creamy Concealer. Blemishes? Done. Bags? Done. General annoying ruddiness? Done. I think I could just pack this and be a happy bunny. Well…
8. A Cheek/Lip Hybrid like Jouer’s Cheek & Lip Tint in Honeysuckle. A perky punch of colour to the cheeks and lips can be delivered by this handy two-in-one which is creamy and long-lasting enough for both tasks in hand. Plus it can be applied with fingers. You see any brushes round here? No I think not…
9. A Mascara like L’Oreal’s Miss Manga Waterproof Mascara. Any old mascara will do, but this is my favourite of the both. Curl-holding, non-crumbling and length-giving.
10. A Smudgey Eyes Product like By Terry’s Ombre Blackstar in Brown Perfection. Just in case you feel in the mood to ramp up your eye look somewhat then it’s always good to have some kind of brown creamy eye liner or shadow stick hanging around. Line, smudge, stick all over your lids. Sorted.
Add in some cotton pads and buds, a toothbrush, toothpaste, eyelash curler deodorant and you’re good to go. Oh and I’ve taken for granted the fact that where you’re visiting will have all the shower supplies you need on offer – shower gel, shampoo, conditioner. Ok, so maybe I cheated a little. But still the bulk of your beauty bag is set in just ten moves, not bad, huh? Bon voyage you savvy packer you.