Another feature that has been polished up for 2014 is ‘The Week’. It’s not completely reformatted, there’s still a peek at my week through the eyes of Instagram and nods to my beauty-related views, reads and buys of the week, but it’s goodbye to the usual format and hello to a tweaked version featuring my top five picks. So say hello to the first instalment…Â
It’s time to bundle together the best of beauty from the past seven days. Edited down to five of the top products, videos, posts, releases and the rest that have had me clicking away:
1. Karima McKimmie’s YouTube Channel.Â I love finding a new YouTube crush. Karima’s channel was actually recommended to me by a fellow tweeter who reckoned she’d be right up my street and boy was she right. Not only is she gawjus; her makeup aesthetic is au natural (just how I like it) and from just a few weeks of watching her I’ve already picked up new knowledge. This gal truly knows her stuff.
2. The Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Camera in White.Â Not directly related beauty, but I just had to give a nod to this little bundle of instant photo printing joy somewhere on here. I picked this up for myself over the holidays and I’ve almost managed to snap my way through all the four free films in just under two weeks. The quality is good, it’s not too bulky to lug around and it’s bloomin’ fun.
3. CHANEL Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation.Â It’s crazy to think that this foundation used to top my ‘ridiculously expensive and overrated foundations’ list. Yes, that is a list that really does exist. In recent months though I’ve had to print a retraction because it’s a formula I’ve really grown to love. A light coverage, barely there, undetectable base that dominates the weekend foundation category. Yep, that exists too.
4. Dior’s Trianon Collection for Spring 2014. As detailed by Beautezine. Pretty pastels, pops of pink and a pore-minimiser are coming our way sometime soon courtesy of Dior and I’m excited. The VernisÂ nail polishes seem to be the most aesthetically pleasing for me and I’m struggling to pick a favourite, favourite from the four offered-up. Perhaps I’ll just stick with the sheer, but pout polishing release of the Addict Lip Glow in 004 Coral.
5. The Aftermath of CiatÃ©’s Mini Mani Month. There is definitely no more room at the lacquer inn after the annual emptying of the CiatÃ© calendar. 25 mini bottles of the stuff have descended on my drawers and I have no idea where to fit them all in #BeautyBloggerProblems. I’m not complaining though, this year saw some fab colours hidden behind the cardboard doors; I’m currently donning the mauvey-grey (it’s got ‘Anna’ written all over it)Â Pillow Fight.