Instead of presenting you with a New Years resolutions list filled with all the usual suspects – consume healthier produce, exercise more, swear less, drink more water etc etc – I thought I’d let you in on a little list that I’ve been compiling over the last few months. I call it the ‘Beauty Bucket List‘. Eight items that I feel compelled to complete before it’s too late; nothing too deep, just beauty related tasks that I’ve always wanted to do but haven’t got round to. Yet.
- Dye Job. Do blondes have more fun? This is a theory that I’ve always wanted to test. Yes I’m well aware that I would look ridiculous as a blonde, but there’s a fire in my belly that I just can’t seem to put out. Plus, hair grows and all that.
- The Rainbow Wall. It’s a reoccurring dream I have. VDM has its own office and one of the walls in the loft-style white space (pah – a girl can dream, right?), is kitted out with a nail polish installation. Bottles lined up in a rainbow colour pattern from floor to ceiling. I may have to park that idea till next year.
- Faux Lash Master. 2014 will be the year that I finally become a false lash master.Â Oh and French braids while I’m at it.Â
- Spa Times. My best girlfriends and I have been saying for the past 10 years how we’re planning a weekend spa retreat and it’s yet to happen. I did the whole day spa thing for the first time last year and it was positively dreamy. Next time I’m making a weekend out of it; food, friends, firm massage and all.
- Snip, Snip. Despite a pretty recent-ish haircut, already I’m getting itchy to get it cut again. Just a little bit more. It’s fair to say I have been well and truly bitten by the short hair bug. It’s easier to tame, quicker to wash and I can get volume in it like never before. Bets on that this year I will rock the shortest doo since my pre-teen years.
- Shellac me up. I have been converted to gel polish. Sure the original formula of nail lacquer is great, but the high-shine, high-longevitiy finish of stuff like the Red Carpet Manicure is just fabulous. Having given the at-home version a go, I’m tempted to see if the grass is greener with the in-salon treatment.
- Eyeshadow Gal. When I grow up I would like to be a daily eyeshadow wearer. I’ve already put in the groundwork last year and tend to swipe a little something over my lids most days, but one day I aim to dust on a defining combination everyday.
- Thread ‘em. I have still to this day never had my brows threaded. I came close a few weeks back when I stumbled across a Blink counter but was turned away as their diary was booked out for the day. I’ve heard once you thread that’s it; plucking becomes a thing of the past. Now there’sÂ a sentiment I can get behind.
Nothing too life-defining there, but just a few tasks that should keep me busy over the next year or so (thoughÂ we could be waiting a while for me to grow the balls for a full-on hair colour overhaul). So over to you – what would your Beauty Bucket List shape up like?