It’s time to bundle together the best of beauty from the past seven days. Edited down to five of the top products, videos, posts, releases and the rest that have had me clicking away:
1. The Plethora of 2013 Favourites That Landed in My Sub Box. So I’m a little late with this one, but as the first week of the month was a tad packed, I’ve spent the past few days reacquainting myself with my YouTube feed and what a feast it’s been. A bevy of 2013 Favourites videos awaiting my perusal. Aren’t they just the best?Â Fleur’s, Gemma’s and Lily’s were three of my personal favourite favourites.
2. Allure Magazine. One of my New Years resolutions was to put aside a bit of time each night to read, put away all techy bits and bobs and switch off before sleep with the aid of wise words. Allure Magazine has been top of my reading pile and I just love it (if you hadn’t gathered that already). Page after page of beauty features. Dreamy.Â Also good news – I’ve spotted Allure in quite a few WHSmiths now (Euston and Victoria Stations FYI), so it looks like it’s finally becoming easier to get hold of.
3. The Topshop Makeup Range. I’ve been playing with the ‘Best of Beauty Editor’s Picks Collection‘ from the Cult Beauty Sale ever since it arrived and I’m impressed. Their Lipstick in Beguiled is a beaut, Cream Blush in Head Over Heels is an old favourite and the Bronzing Illuminator in Reflect has been doing what it says on the tin. But the standout product? The Glow Pot – a sheeny, glitter-free highlight that perks up the complexion in one clean sweep.
4. Healthier Eating (kinda). Not beauty banter per se, but it all ties in – ‘you are what you eat’ and all that. With it being the beginning of a New Year I may have found myself in the cliched movement of feeding myself with slightly more appropriate fodder than my usual Dominos feasts and so far, so good. Cashew nuts are now a staple in my handbag, Naked Bars get me through my almost hourly chocolate cravings and I’ve been whipping out my Honestly Healthy cookbook most nights for dinner. Perhaps I’ll whip up some recipes on here if you fancy?
5. Leandra Medine’s Take on Eyeliner. Only Medine would be able to dream up a piece on using eyeshadow for eyeliner that is as ‘laugh out loud’ funny as it is informative (read it here). And she is so right. A line of eyeshadow along the lashes is easy peasy to smudge, apply and remove. Someone hand me an eyeshadow palette.