It’s time to bundle together the best of beauty from the past seven days. Edited down to five of the top products, videos, posts, releases and the rest that have had me clicking away:
1. A NEW YSL Foundation?! Apparently so. There’s no official word on it yet, but it’s been on my mind since spotting it on Stylist Beauty Ed, Samantha Flowers’ Instagram a few weeks back. It’s named Fusion Ink and is due to launch in July and I reckon with a name like that we’d be looking at something with some pretty hefty coverage. I’m v.intrigued.
2. The brow palettes to end all brow palettes. It reminds me of the time I really wanted the Bobbi Brown BBU Palette, a makeup-artist edition featuring every single shade of concealer/foundation/corrector that Brown makes. The Anastasia Beverly Hills Pro Series Brow Palette is exactly the same, but for brows featuring 12 pans with 22 shades and primer meaning that every single hair colour is catered for. There is no way in hell that I need it, but I sure do want it.
3. No makeup & red lips. So perhaps no makeup is pushing it a tad, but really I’m talking a bit of concealer, a brush through the brows, a curl of the lashes and a heavy layer of a full-on red. My favourite at the moment? Bite Beauty’s Matte Creme Lip Crayon in Clementine, as pictured. Quick, easy and impactful all at the same time.
4. MAC Sable Eyeshadow. I remember Laura bigging up this eyeshadow years ago and though I’ve enjoyed it, I never really feel head over heels in love with it. Until now. There’s something about its violet-y undertone that just calls out to my green eyes. It’s not too shimmery, plus looks stellar with a peachy colour on the lips and cheeks. What’s not to love? I layer with a shedload of mascara and call it a day.
5. The airbrush effect. Amelia has been raving about the Sephora Pro Airbrush #55 for yonks now and it’s long been a feature on my shopping list, but after finally caving in I can confirm that all the raves are well and truly justified. It just sweeps on coverage with minimal effort, de-caking heavy formulas and building up sheerer ones; I’ve yet to discover a foundation it doesn’t work with. Full review coming soon.