It’s time to bundle together the best of beauty from the past seven days. Edited down to five of the top products, videos, posts, releases and the rest that have had me clicking away:
1. A handbag handy 2-in-1. A hand moisturiser and an anti-bac formula in one? Genius. I’ve been meaning to mention the Lanolips Antibacterial Hand Cream for weeks – it first came into use back when I was in Milan – but it’s seriously good stuff. Nice scent, nice texture and it waves goodbye to nasties.
2. The stick-centric makeup line. I’m intrigued. I’m all down for giving anything a go that promises a speedy makeup application in a format that makes things easier than the usual brush/compact set up and the Nudestix cosmetics line exclusively housed in pencils sounds like it will do exactly that. Anyone given it a go? I’ve got my eye on the Magnetic Eye Colour Pencils already – Twilight looks like it might float my boat.
3. Lisa’s CHANEL videos. Lisa Eldridge and CHANEL are just a brand partnership made in heaven. It just works. And after watching every 4 minute snippet of Lisa doing her thang with a CHANEL-centric stash it makes me even more fired up than usual to get all spendy at the beauty counter that dreams are made of. Just watch her latest tutorial. Swoon. Please can I have that model’s eyelashes?
4. Clarins Lip Balm Crayon in Creamy Pink. When it comes to sheer lip colours that appease all it’s got be said that Clarins have that category down. Don’t like lipgloss? Then you’ve got to try their Instant Light Natural Lip Perfectors. You’ll be converted. Don’t like lip colour? Then this balmy crayon deposits a rosy pink, kinda like a more amped up version of MAC’s Patisserie, to lips in a way that you won’t even feel like it’s there.
5. #GirlBoss. I devoured this debut read from Nasty Gal Founder and CEO Sophia Amoruso in approximately 12 hours while I was away earlier in the week. I teared myself away only for a pub quiz and the world’s biggest plate of Fish & Chips you’ve ever seen. Inspiring, insightful and an all-round kick-ass read.