It’s time to bundle together the best of beauty from the past seven days. Edited down to five of the top products, videos, posts, releases and the rest that have had me clicking away:
1. An Aesop-centric Bathroom. You know sometimes in life you make a ridiculous purchase, but you’ve wanted it forever and ever and quite frankly don’t give two hoots? Yes you know the one. Well a gigantic bottle of Aesop Resurrection Hand Wash fits into that category perfectly. For the longest time I’ve dreamt of its imposing big brown jar sitting next to my sink and seeing it sat in its new home makes me so happy that I may have walked out and re-entered my bathroom more than once on purpose just to re-live the happiness of spotting it there. Just don’t tell anyone that I’ve refilled it with the normal soap we use when it runs out…
2. Lip So Facto Makes Me Want All of the Things. Whatever Meg write about, it immediately weasels its way to the top of my shopping list. Hair styling products? Check. A rucksack? Check. Gym bag? Check (in fact I’d happily do a trade for her bag collection). Quinoa porridge? Check. Have a read and you’ll see what I mean.
3. Tanning-Up. Prior to this week’s trip to Malta I jumped well and truly back on the faux glowing wagon. I never normally stray from my one and only ‘I Heart It 4EVZ’ Xen-Tan Dark Lotion Absolute Luxe, but after a point in the direction of the St Tropez Self Tan Express Advanced Bronzing Mousse, from Amelia I moved in a new direction. And you know what? It does what it says on the tin and is really rather good. A full review is in the works.
4. MAC Casual Colours. Well don’t these look nice? I’ve been a serial stalker of the MAC limited edition collections for years but I’ve never come across these before. Creamy colours designed to be swept over lips and cheeks with a dewy finish. Out now as part of the Playland collection, the shade For Your Amusement has caught my eye – anyone tried it? I want it, but do I need it? Enable me.
5. ITG’s Serious Sink Envy Gave Me Serious Sink Envy. I’ve mentioned before that ELLE Decoration is a frequent addition in my magazine piles that seem to crop up all over the flat and this post from Into the Gloss is just one long extension of my favourite spreads to peruse – bathrooms. Nothing gets me all excited quite like a marble basin and a mirrored medicine cabinet. A girl can dream. Le sigh.