It’s time to bundle together the best of beauty from the past seven days. Edited down to five of the top products, videos, posts, releases and the rest that have had me clicking away:
1. Makeup off eBay? Back in the day I purchased a lot of my high-end makeup from eBay. A move that with hindsight I can now see resulted in me owning an almost exclusively counterfeit makeup stash. Boo. But eBay’s wised-up a bit since then and this article interviews a seller of limited edition, hard-to-find beauty pieces; the only realm of eBay that I really use these days (oh Jemma Kidd Light As Air Foundation – where art thou?). A very interesting read.
2. A new CC love. There are a few BB creams out there that I’m rather fond of, but I’m not sure I’ve ever stumbled across a CC that rocks my world quite as much as the Resultime by Collin Multi-Corrective CC Cream. Of course with these things there are a whole list of benefits that may as well include world peace as a result of use, but at its purpose it’s just a really nice ‘barely-there’ base that gives you that glowy, fresh looking skin. Love, love, LOVE.
3. Bourjois Velvet Rouge Edition in Olé Flamingo. I’m deeming this my new favourite shade from what is the best liquid lipstick formula that I’ve ever come across. Sort of pink, sort of coral – it’s bright but in a more everyday way than my previous favourite, Pink Pong. The only drawback with this stuff is when it comes to taking it off, because it’s that long lasting. And that’s a problem I’m pretty happy to have.
4. New-in from Lorac. Now I’ve never managed to get my hands on any Lorac, but next time I head to the US – it’s on. As if their Pro Palette wasn’t enough, there’s a newly released Pro Palette 2 on the block and it looks lush. And if you need anymore convincing then just check out this enabling video from Tati.
5. Frozen Coconut Limeade. Completely not beauty related, but this coconut milk/lime/ice concoction from Smitten Kitchen may just be the best thing that has passed my lips all summer. Sweet, sour and kinda refreshing in a pudding sort of way you can add rum for an alcoholic BBQ accompaniment or stick to the original recipe for a drink which you’ll end up using your finger to scoop all the remains from the glass into your mouth. Been there, done that.