It’s time to bundle together the best of beauty from the past seven days. Edited down to five of the top products, videos, posts, releases and the rest that have had me clicking away:
1. YSL’s Bleu Celadon. A baby blue that transforms into an Essie Mint Candy Apple-esque mint on the nails, this has been my nail jam of the week. I bloomin’ love the YSL La Laque Couture formula and this one is no different, delivering a smooth stroke of colour that needed just two nifty coats. And so far, there’s not a chip in sight.
2. Lily’s MAC Video. Girl, check out the editing on this. Lily is the Queen of MAC eyeshadows; whenever we end up by a counter together she gives me a tour of her favourites and nudges me in the direction of recommendations that 95% of the time I end up taking home. Not only did I enjoy a peek around her palette, the how-to’s on her favourite combinations at the end of the video have served as my eyeshadow inspiration all week.
3. My J.Lo Limb Blend. I discovered this by complete accident when my tan was in desperate need of topping up before a leg baring occasion last week and needed equal doses of moisture and colour. Enter a pump of L’Oreal’s Sublime Bronze Firming Body Lotion Tan Optimiser with a pump of the Caudalie Divine Legs and there you have some pins that would give J.Lo a serious run for her money. Hmmmm, maybe…
4. Karima’s Brush Video. I may have gone a bit brush-crazy in recent weeks and this video is not helping. I. WANT. THEM. ALL. I think Karima could be a professional brush describer; her spot-on observations and detailed explanations of use, shape and dupes makes this one ‘take notes while viewing’ watch. I now have like 20 Hakuhodo brushes on my shopping list.
5. Clinique’s Chubby Cheeks. That’s not their official name, but seriously Clinique’s Chubby Stick Moisturising Cheek Colour Balm’s are everything you want in a cream-based blush product; creamy, blendable and with just the right balance of colour. Robust Rhubarb is my favourite. It’s a nice mix of pink/peach/coral (dur) that perks me up without making things look too doll -like.