It’s time to bundle together the best of beauty from the past seven days. Edited down to five of the top products, videos, posts, releases and the rest that have had me clicking away:
1) NARS Matte Multiples for Spring. Matte? Cream products? My ears have just pricked up. March will see the launch of seven shades of Matte Multiples hit counters in a release that they are calling ‘a modern twist on a cult classic’. There seems to be a bit more room to play with these lip and cheek tints in the way that they can be applied dry for a truly matte finish or wet for a more vivid look and I’m already eyeing up the orangey red as a lipstick substitute and one of the taupes as a cream contour. Very cool indeed NARS.
2) Never Underdressed’s 10 Key Trends from NYFW. I know we all like to play it cool when it comes to trends, but I do like to take a little time to peruse what’s been doing the rounds beauty-wise come Fashion Week and Never Undressed have helpfully collated this article which has everything you’d want to know in one place. Apparently come AW14 we’ll all be donning polish-free nails, ponytails and sweaty hair. Sounds like me most days…
3) Laura Mercier Enlightenment Eye & Cheek Palette. What a beaut is this? Two blushes and four shadows encased in a clutch-like palette that almost looks too good to use. I have to say that I’m quite the fan of their blush range – Lush Nectarine will forever be one of my favourites – so the fact that you get two colours, cobbled together with an array of neutral shadows appeals. Though I might hold my horses for their Artist Palette I spotted on Temptalia. I know, I know. I have palette issues.
4) Sharon Farrell’s YouTube Channel. My latest YouTube crush. Being a trained professional Sharon has a tip for everything and I always find myself getting lost in her video playlists, making lists a plenty. From tutorials to organising tips – I know, can you see why she’s my favourite? – she uploads twice a week and her videos automatically find their way onto the top of my ‘to watch pile’. I also can’t get enough of her accent. Current beauty crush, fo’ sure.
5) L’oreal True Match Foundation. After spotting Amelia sing the praises of this foundation pointing out the comparisons between its formula and the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation, a purchase of this was inevitable. And she’s right: the coverage gives a nice medium coat, it’s skin-like in finish and it’s not too bad in the longevity department. N1 with the tiniest amount of N2 is my perfect shade right now and it’s really all I’ve been wearing this week. It’s not got the staying power of the Armani, but it gives it a good go and drugstore foundation-wise, it’s one of my more successful discoveries.