It’s time to bundle together the best of beauty from the past seven days. Edited down to five of the top products, videos, posts, releases and the rest that have had me clicking away:
1. Having the chop at Hershesons. I was well overdue a haircut so I headed down to Hershesons on Conduit Street to see Jordan and I am well chuffed with the results. I had a nice trim, with blunt ends, a few layers and a new whispy bit at the front which adds a bit of a shape to the whole thing. I’ll definitely be revisiting and I definitely recommend it for your next snip.
2. Soigné Nail Polish. A little tough to currently source in the UK (keep an eye on their website here), these are well worth the search. The formula glides on glossy without the need for the top coat and the colours are right up my street with not a shimmer to be seen. Win. My current favourite shade is Lavande. A pale cream lilac that is the purple Essie Fiji equivalent.
3. The cutest mascara EVER. Man I am in love with this stuff if you couldn’t already tell from my rave earlier in the week. It’s the Fairydrops Scandal Queen Waterproof Mascara and it does everything that a girl with straight elephant-like lashes would want a mascara to do – holding a curl, with a non-smudge non-flake formula and a decent wallop of volume. The fact that it’s packaged in the cutest print ever is just a bonus.
4. PopSugar’s fitness videos. You know I love a good YouTube workout – free, speedy and available to do in your front room with all the panting and moaning you want and these may just be some of my favourite. There’s a nice mix of snappy five minute targeted workouts and longer HIIT, Pilates and cardio ones and the instructor Anna is, yep you’ve guessed it – a babe. The 30-Minute Fat Fry is my favourite.
5. Buying ridiculously comfortable shoes. I’m not quite sure what’s happened to me recently. First Birkenstocks and now these? They’re from Topshop and though they’ve taken a bit of wearing in they’ve have become my stop-gap shoe for when it’s too cold for sandals and too dressy for trainers. Next on the list, Crocs. I jest, I jest…