It’s time to bundle together the best of beauty from the past seven days. Edited down to five of the top products, videos, posts, releases and the rest that have had me clicking away:
1. Getting my mix on. I spotted a fair few queries in the comment section of my latest weekly vlog into what lipstick I was wearing on my final night in Milan. Turns out it was a mix of every single lip product I’d taken with me – Laura Mercier’s Lip Glacé in Orange Tulip, NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Red Square and MAC Lipstick in Patisserie – the combination of which gave a glossy, bright pink lip with a punchy red undertone. Lip product mixing is the way to go, I may even buy myself a little palette for when I next get in the mood to get my blend on.
2. Charlotte Tilbury Rock ‘N’ Kohl Liner in Marlene Midnight. Another finding from my latest weekly vlog is that you guys were really rather complimentary when I attempted a wobbly, most definitely not perfect, feline flick with this stuff on my upper lash line. I’ve never really fallen for an eyeliner before, but I think my knees have gone a bit weak for this one. A deep, deep navy, it’s slowly easing me in to the world of colour and it really doe not budge. I think I may need more shades in my life.
3. CHANEL Les Beiges Summer ’14 Collection. Well doesn’t this look ah-mazing. It’s the same healthy glow format but in blush and liquid form and quite honestly I will be stalking down my local CHANEL counter until it arrives (9th May FYI). Let the stalking commence.
4. Samantha’s piece for XOVain. Yaaaaas Samantha – I feel you girl. A tale of a girl spending a small fortune all in honour of the best red lipsticks in the industry. An entertaining read that will make you instantly want to don a red lipstick and add a Lipstick Queen Velvet Rope offering into your line-up.
5. Clarins Truly Waterproof Mascara. You know how I feel about waterproof mascaras and this one sounds like it could float my boat. I’ve never had much luck with high end formulas – YSL Faux Cils Waterproof version aside – so could this be the one to break the mould? Anyone tried it? Always up for a waterproof mascara recommendation, me…