It’s time to bundle together the best of beauty from the past seven days. Edited down to five of the top products, videos, posts, releases and the rest that have had me clicking away:
1. Revlon’s Brow Fantasy. It’s been a long time since I fell head over heels for a brow product (my discovery of Hourglass’ Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil was well over a year ago now), and though this doesn’t beat my ultimate favourite, it gives it a good go and comes with a drugstore price tag. I have the shade Brunette and it’s a good match, the pencil side fills in subtly and the gel keeps things in place with more of a waxy texture than a crispy one. My only wish is that that hid some kind of secret spoolie in there.
2. Never Underdressed’s Makeup Bag Edit. This is my kind of post. 24 makeup bags that seriously rock, look über chic and don’t break the bank. I’ve already been through the whole slideshow three times and made notes. I have to say from the pickings I think the Kate Spade one is my favourite – you?
3. The Wet Brush Makes Its UK Arrival. Finally! Though this knot-buster of a brush was available before, it was a bit of a toughie to find, but now it’s live, kicking and fully stocked on Cult Beauty. I can’t say enough good things about this brush, but I think the defining statement is that I reckon it’s better than the TangleTeezer. Shocking, but true.
4. Tom Ford Summer Beauty Gorgeousness. Does Tom Ford ever miss a beauty beat when it comes to their limited edition seasonal collections? No, I don’t think so. Summer is a beauty as expected and the Eye and Cheek Compact has to be my favourite. I think when I head to warmer climates later in the year, this is what will be coming with me.
5. Bare Naked Nails. I think I’m trying to make this a thing out of sheer laziness but this week has been all about the bare nails for me. Regular viewers of my videos will be used to seeing the word ‘Nothing!’ next to my nail colour annotation in the description box, but this week not a layer of lacquer has come near my nails since I gave the new ones from Revlon a go and you know what – I think the low maintenance mani is the way to go.