It’s time to bundle together the best of beauty from the past seven days. Edited down to five of the top products, videos, posts, releases and the rest that have had me clicking away:
1) MAC Lipstick in Peach Blossom. I picked this up as part of a MAC raid I conducted in Edinburgh’s Duty Free (more on that on Monday). A peachy ‘my lips but better’ pout wash – how could I have never spotted it before? Apparently it was a limited edition shade they recently made permanent and I’m bloomin’ glad they did. I would say my love for it is currently at the same level of adoration I hold for avocados. And I love avocados.
2) Sandra’s January Favourites. I love a good ttsandra video. When she uploads I like to press pause, grab my notepad and resume – never has a Sandra-suggested recommendation steered me in the wrong direction. In the days since watching this video I’ve already dusted off my Oribe Côte d’Azure Hair Refresher Spray that had found its way into the back of a drawer and added the Givenchy Foundation she mentions to my shopping list. I know, I know. I need help.
3) REALLY exciting launches. The Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blushes, NARS’ NARSissist Palette, Diptyque skincare (I’ll share the deets soon); the market is flooded with brand spanking newness and I’m one happy bunny. What’s next around the corner?
4) Essie Nail Polish in Master Plan. This Essie shade needs more love. A lavender-tinged grey, it’s like their version of Nails Inc’s Porchester Square but with a thick-set, easier to apply brush. I’ve been having one of those weeks where I just haven’t been able to find a mani slot (/couldn’t be arsed – shhhhh), but when I finally got down to business this is what I reached for and I’m very chuffed with my choice.
5) Annie’s Piece on Drugstore Makeup. Into The Gloss just bring it when it comes to wittily written, high-spec editorial content and with the addition of new Senior Editor, Annie Kreighbaum previously of XOVain, things just keep getting better and better. Her piece on the lure of the drugstore may just be my favourite read of hers yet. Read, laugh, run to your local Boots.