It’s time to bundle together the best of beauty from the past seven days. Edited down to five of the top products, videos, posts, releases and the rest that have had me clicking away:
1) MAC Viva Glam Rihanna Lipstick. Rihanna is the creative force behind this year’s MAC Viva Glam campaign which landed on counters on Thursday. Housed in a black/red duochrome rubberised bullet, scrawled with Riri’s signature is a blue-toned, deep red, frost finished lipstick. It’s one of the those ‘makes your eyes whiter, teeth brighter’ shades and the texture gives a faux-gloss effect. All profits go towards helping men, woman and children affected by HIV/AIDS. Doing a good deed and getting a lovely lipstick in the process – ah common’?
2) Charlotte Tilbury Pocket Kisses. Speaking of lipsticks how cute is this? It’s a lipstick transfer you you open and press onto your pout for an easy to apply pop of colour. They’re available in three shades of Charlotte Tilbury’s K.I.S.S.I.N.G Lipstick formula and get thrown in for free when you buy an item from Tilbury’s Valentines range on counter or make a purchase online from now until the 14th February.
3) Allure’s Instagram Feed. If you wanted the backstage beauty buzz from NYFW then Allure had it down. I know we’re already onto LFW, but I just had to give a nod to their feed. The most exciting spot of the week came in the form of a basket of Oribe miniatures. Oh yes.
4) The Manicure at Cowshed Carnaby. I’m not really one for manicures. I’m quite happy to get stuck in myself and have only ever had a proper one once when I sported a French Manicure for my Year 11 Prom. I’ve had the odd few at events and things, but this week I had the best one of my life courtesy of Sophia at Cowshed on Carnaby Street. I thought she was a Virgo – she was that good. Not only was the paint job perfect, but the prep was thorough with buffing, exfoliating, moisturising, trimming, filing, cutting, the works. I have never looked down at my nails so much. I will definitely be back and if you want to see Sophia, you’ll have to fight me off first.
5) Tom Ford Spring ’14 Colour Collection Nail Polish. Keeping with the mani theme, the new limited edition lacquers from Tom Ford are all kinds of dreamy. Four shades that will be sticking around on counters for the next few months and quite honestly I can’t pick between them. Ok maybe I can… For bright days the bright pink Indiscretion talks to me and for when I fancy a nude I think Sugar Dune will be on the cards.